Working with and reporting to – Working within your team, you will report to the Leading Technician and Operations Manager.
Role Overview – Working as part of the Production Team, you will be involved in the assembly and testing of a wide range of handheld electronic battery powered data logging devices.
Duties include – Under the supervision of your Leading Technician, you will work to a production schedule operating in a busy assembly environment on a variety of processes. You will closely follow Engineering instructions to assemble, test and release to internal Quality Control, intricate and technical electronic equipment.
The successful candidate will:
- Use handheld tools including soldering irons in the final assembly process
- Follow all company procedures including Quality and Health and Safety procedures
- Be responsible for achieving weekly efficiency and QC pass rate targets whilst ensuring high quality is maintained throughout a variety of processes
You will become skilled in manufacturing a significant number of our products with specific variances. This includes working to different batch sizes and degrees of subcontracted and in house build levels.
- Good technical ability
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dexterous and comfortable performing intricate tasks
- Apply oneself to excel in delivering Production and wider company goals and targets
- Self-motivated positive and flexible to work within and in conjunction with other departments where required
Qualifications – As a Production Technician, you will have ideally worked in a similar role previously but experience is not essential and full training will be provided. Previous relevant experience and an electronic qualification would be beneficial.
Hours – 9.00am to 5.00pm (1 hour for lunch)
Location – Wirksworth
Application – If you are interested in pursuing this role further, please forward your CV and cover letter by filling out the form on this page.
Technolog offers competitive salaries and opportunities for career development.